- Blake, NancyProfessorComparative Lit 3072 Flb 707 S Mathews M/C 160 Urbana, IL 61801(217)email@example.com
19th- and 20th-Century European and American literature, painting and film; Modernism and Post-Modernism, Interdisciplinary research, Psychoanalytic theory, Women's studies, Translation.
- Fagyal, ZsuzsannaDirector of Graduate Studies Associate ProfessorFrench 2090 Foreign Lang Bl 707 S Mathews M/C 158 Urbana, IL 61801(217)firstname.lastname@example.org
Phonetics, Phonology, and Sociolinguistics of French, Language and Minorities in Europe. Varieties of French, language variation and change in Parisian French, social networks, lexical innovations, and computational modeling of the spread of innovations.
- Fresco, AlainDirector of Undergraduate Studies Assistant ProfessorFrench 2090k 707 S Mathews M/C 158 Urbana, IL 61801(217)email@example.com
The Négritude poets, literature from French West Africa: representation of tradition and modernity in the novels from 1950 to the present; gender roles - interested in the various theories of racism in nineteenth-, twentieth-century colonial and postcolonial discourse. Director of Undergraduate Studies and Undergraduate Student Advisor.
- Keller, MarcusDepartment Head Associate Professor2090H FLB (Head's Office); 2120 FLB (217)firstname.lastname@example.org
Early modern French literature and culture (16th and 17th century); Rabelais, Pléiade, Montaigne, d'Aubigné, and Corneille; aesthetics and politics; early modern orientalism; the nation in literary and theoretical discourse; French and European theater.
- Mall, LaurenceGraduate Advisor for French Studies Associate Professor2154 FLB333email@example.com
Eighteenth-century French literature and philosophy –emphasis on the philosophes, on the novel, and on history of ideas. Literature and the French Revolution. Theories of everyday life. Ethics and literature. Gender issues. Autobiography. Rousseau, Diderot, Prévost, Marivaux, Mercier, Rétif.
- Mathy, Jean-PhilippeProfessorFrench 2090 Flb 707 S Mathews M/C 158 Urbana, IL 61801(217)firstname.lastname@example.org
Late modern and contemporary French literature and culture, intellectual history (19th-20th c.), comparative cultural criticism (France-U.S.), French-American intellectual relations, sociology of culture and literature, contemporary social and critical theory, literature and nationalism, computer imaging/computer-assisted teaching (culture and civilization).
- Chaplin, TamaraAssociate ProfessorDepartment of History 309 Gregory Hall 419B 810 S Wright M/C 466 Urbana, IL 61801(217)email@example.com
Contemporary France; Modern European cultural and intellectual history; the histories of gender and sexuality; feminist and critical theory; queer studies; human rights, popular culture and the media.
- Markee, NumaAdvisor for Language Learning and SLATE Associate ProfessorDepartment of Linguistics University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 4080 Foreign Languages Building 707 S Mathews MC 168 Urbana, IL 61801(217) firstname.lastname@example.org
Conversation analysis; the diffusion and management of curricular innovations; conversation analysis applied to second language acquisition, and classroom research.