News & Events
11/30/2015 | 7:00 pm
<p>Espresso Royale, on the corner of Goodwin and Oregon</p>
12/2/2015 | 5:00 pm
<p>62 Krannert Art Museum</p>
12/3/2015 | 5:30 pm
<p>Espresso Royale, on the corner of Goodwin and Oregon </p>
Go to the Department of French Events Calendar for information about other upcoming events.
- Proust and the Arts: a new book co-edited by François Proulx
- Fri, 13 Nov 2015 08:00:00 CST
- Proust and the Arts, edited by Christie McDonald and François Proulx, has just been published by Cambridge University Press. It features essays by Nathalie Mauriac Dyer, Sophie Duval, Christie McDonald, Virginie Greene, Susan Ricci Stebbins, John Hamilton, Kazuyoshi Yoshikawa, Suzanne Guerlac, Caroline Weber, Elaine Scarry, Françoise Leriche, Sindhumathi Revuluri, Evelyne Ender, Elisabeth Ladenson, Maurice Samuels, François Proulx, and Antoine Compagnon. http://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic/subjects/literature/european-literature/proust-and-arts?format=HB
- Alumna Molly Melching receives the Thomas J. Dodd Prize
- Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:00:00 CDT
- Molly Melching (M.A. ’79, French), Founder and CEO of Tostan, receives the Thomas J. Dodd Prize in International Justice and Human Rights.
- Alessia Zulato receives the Anthony Jung Award for Best Graduate Student Paper
- Mon, 12 Oct 2015 08:00:00 CDT
- Congratulations to Alessia Zulato (PhD candidate in French Linguistics) who has received the Anthony Jung Award for Best Graduate Student Paper at the 40th Annual European Studies Conference on October 9-10, 2015 at the University of Nebraska Omaha. The title of her paper is: “Regional Minority Language Vitality and the Case of Franco-provençal in Valle d’Aosta, Italy. The paper will be published in the selected online conference proceedings later this fall.